当前位置:
首页 > 疯狂英语口语绝招自我表达经典 > 疯狂英语口语绝招自我表达经典第六招 冷静的你

疯狂英语口语绝招自我表达经典第六招 冷静的你

第六招 冷静的你
Calmness

理性,是现代人不可或缺的基本素质。面对错综复杂的问题,置身变动不已的环境,让我们按捺骚动和激情,发挥理智与冷静。“你越是为解决问题而努力,你就越变得急躁,在错误的思路中陷得越深,也越难摆脱痛苦”( The more you fight something, the more anxious you become-the more you're involved in a bad pattern, the more difficult it is to escape. )。

Key Words
关键词

calm, control, cool, level-headed, reasonable, relaxed

The Most Common Expressions
最常用表达法

Don't lose your head!
不要昏了头!

Calm down. Keep your hat on!
冷静一点,别发火!

It's nothing to be surprised about. Don't make such a big deal out of it.
这事不值得大惊小怪,不要小题大做。

It's no wonder. There's no point in making a big fuss about it.
那不足为奇,没必要对此大惊小怪。

No need to shout! Please try to control yourself.
没必要大喊大叫,请克制自己。

Don't get carried away! Be a little more levelheaded.
不要忘乎所以!冷静一点。

Take your time. We're in no hurry.
慢慢来,不用着急。

Just take it easy, and I'll take care of it.
放轻松,我会处理的。

There's no need to get upset about that. I'm sure things will turn out all right.
不必为此不安,我确信事情终会好转的。

What's the rush? Learn to walk before you run. Don't put the cart before the horse.
急什么?先学会走路再学跑步。不要本末倒置。

[ 模仿最准确、发音最到位、速度最流利;“三最一口气”背诵记录时间:44〞]

The Informal Expressions
非正式场合表达法

Get ahold of yourself!
保持镇静!

Take a deep breath. Pull yourself together.
镇定些吧。

You can't expect me to believe that.
别指望我会相信那回事儿。

Don't be scared. He's just like a turtle on its back.
不要惊慌,他已经无能为力了。

No need to get so worked up about that.
这件事用不着这么着急。

Let's not put all our eggs in one basket.
我们不要孤注一掷。

Be reasonable. Let's be adults about this.
理智点,让我们用成熟的态度来处理这件事。

There is no need for haste. We have to observe carefully what's going on there.
没有必要匆匆忙忙,我们必须仔细观察那里的动静。

Don't make a lot of fuss over nothing. I suppose it's only natural. Boys will be boys!
别大惊小怪,我想那是理所当然的事,理应如此!

[ 模仿最准确、发音最到位、速度最流利;“三最一口气”背诵记录时间:34〞]

The Formal Expressions
正式场合表达法

There is really no reason to be alarmed.
确实没有什么可大惊小怪的。

Make sure you don't lose your temper!
注意别发脾气!

What we've done is pretty good as far as it goes; but we should still remain modest.
就我们目前已做的工作来看,还是不错的,不过仍要保持谦虚谨慎的态度。

The mistake we made isn't at all important. There's no need to lose any sleep over it. Something's sure to turn up.
我们犯的错误一点也不要紧,没必要为此担忧。车到山前必有路,船到桥头自会直。

As far as I am concerned, whatever it takes, I want to know the whole truth, both the good and the bad so I can prepare to deal with it.
对我来说,无论后果如何,我都想知道全部的真相,不管是好消息还是坏消息,这样我就可以做好准备了。

Nevertheless, the present prosperity must not blind us to the fact that we used to suffer great poverty and that if we do not follow the correct principles, we'll revert to poverty again.
不过,在当前的繁荣景象中,我们仍需清醒地看清楚两个事实,一是我们曾经穷困潦倒过,二是如果我们不遵循正确的原则,我们还会回复到穷困潦倒的境况。

Nothing could be more risky than to succumb to the power of words and to limit ourselves to that. Nothing could be more dangerous than to believe anything just because they are said. So do remember that seeing is believing.
屈服并受制于言语的力量是最冒险的,盲目相信听到的任何事情也是最危险的,所以千万要记住,眼见为实。

It would be easy on this anniversary simply to praise and to express support. But if we really are mindful of the company, then we must make it more effective by recognizing its shortcomings and correcting them.
值此周年纪念之际,很轻易就会说些赞扬鼓励的话。但是,如果我们真正为公司着想的话, 就必须承认公司的不足之处并纠正它们。

[ 模仿最准确、发音最到位、速度最流利;“三最一口气”背诵记录时间:1'38〞]

Dialogue
对话

A: Hey, what are you screaming about?
嗨,你叫嚷什么?
B: My wallet's gone. What are we going to do?
我的钱包不见了,该怎么办啊?
A: What did you have in your wallet?
你的钱包里有什么?
B: Everything. Oh, man! What are we going to do? How are we going to get home?
什么都有。天哪,我们可如何是好?我们回不了家了。
A: Wait! Don't yell! Pull yourself together. What did you lose exactly?
等等,别叫!冷静点。钱包里究竟有什么?
B: My ID, credit cards, bank cards and the $300 I just got from the ATM this morning. I told you to take your wallet with you. Why didn't you listen to me?
身份证、信用卡、银行卡,还有今天早上刚从自动柜员机取的三百块钱。我早就跟你说带上你自己的钱包,你为什么不听?
A: OK, it's not the end of the world. Calm down...Wait, I thought you always keep your change in your pocket. So how much you have?
好了,没什么了不起的。安静点……对了,你以往总是把零钱放在口袋里,看看你现在有多少钱?
B: Well, I have...I have three quarters. Three quarters! What can we do with three quarters? We can't even take the bus home. Home, Mom's not even home.
好的,我……我还有七十五美分。才七十五美分!有什么用?连坐公共汽车回家都不够。回家……妈妈现在也不在家。
A: Let me think. OK, we'll call Mrs. Young next door. We'll tell her what happened and that we are calling a cab home. Ask her to please pay for the cab for us. Mom is going to pay her back when she gets home.
让我想一下。这样吧,我们给邻居杨太太打个电话。我们把这里的事告诉她,说我们会叫部出租车回家,请她先替我们付出租车的车费,等到妈妈回来后马上把钱还给她。

Sentence Structure
增值句型

[句型1]

介词at引导的介词短语
I'm not surprised... +
that引导的从句

例:I'm not surprised at her reaction.
我对她的反应并不感到吃惊。
I'm not surprised that the boss gave him the sack on the spot.
老板当场就解雇了他,我一点儿也不惊讶。

[句型2]

I wouldn't be surprised... + 连词if引导的从句(用虚拟语气)

例:I wouldn't be surprised if you changed your mind.
如果你改变主意,我不会感到意外。

[句型3]

It doesn't weigh much with me... +从句

例:It doesn't weigh much with me whether I will win the championship.
是否能拿冠军对我来说没什么关系。

[句型4]

It is of no great consequence... +从句

例:It is of no great consequence that I may fail the experiment this time.
我这次试验可能会失败,不过这无所谓。

Useful Phrases
表达口头禅

It doesn't surprise me at all.
我一点儿也不吃惊。

Well, what do you expect?
那你又能指望怎么样呢?

So what?
那又怎样呢?

Seeing is believing.
眼见为实。

Bear with it.
忍忍吧。

Have patience.
耐心点。

Keep cool.
有话好好说。

These things happen sometimes.
这种事是常有的。

Let it be.
顺其自然吧。

您支付 0.1元 就能下载这个MP3文件!立即支付

疯狂英语口语绝招自我表达经典第六招 冷静的你:等您坐沙发呢!

发表评论

表情
还能输入210个字